Thursday 31 January 2008

Report with Filtering

As far as I know, something similar should be a part of the ApEx version 3.1. Nevertheless, I wanted to know if I can do something like that myself. The requirement is:

1. a report containing a search field for each column (textfield, select list or other)

2. after typing in the select criteria, the report should filter the results,

3. no page submit required.

Here is the result of what I came up with. It is quite easy (and dirty). There, you will also find the full code I used, except of the DHTML Region Pull. That one, you can find in the Carl's Demo Application.



The downsides of this example:

a) the code is not generic - you got to do that yourself ;)

b) the sorting on the column headers doesn't work in that particular example - I avoided that since it would mean a much more work.

Maybe, you will find it usefull and apply it on one or the other case.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Denes,
If you have a look at our 3.1 Early Adopters (Register here) you will see that we have in fact developed a generic filtering solution within Interactive Reports. For good measure we also added a lot of other very useful features to allow the end-user to customize their own view of the data.
Regards,
David

Anonymous said...

Hi Denes,
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I click on the link to go to the application and log in, I get a Workspace has no privileges to parse as schema error.

Denes Kubicek said...

I saw that problem on apex.oracle.com before. You need to try it again.